We have received confirmation that the Governor will sign Senator Gail Schwartz’s SB175 Habitat Stamp as well as Rep. Hamner’s SB224 Protect our Rivers License Plate at the Walking Mountains Science Center in Avon, CO (318 Walking Mountains Lane Avon, CO 81620) on Saturday May 18th. The signing time is 9:30am.
May 13, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Vacancy Committee Chairman
PAT HAMMON: 390-4686
The Eagle County Democratic Party Vacancy Committee is pleased to announce a strong field of final applicants for the position of Eagle County Commissioner District 2 to replace Jon Stavney who is resigning to take the position of Eagle Town Manager. The Committee is very impressed that so many people are willing to step forward in a role of public service for our county.
The applicants (in alphabetical order) are:
Donald “Jerry” McMahan
All applications will be available for download on the webpage by Monday , May 13: www.eagledems.org . Please click on the Vacancy Committee tab.
Public input regarding letters of recommendation or suggested topics for committee interviews with the applicants is encouraged and will be only accepted by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by US Mail
(P.O.Box 4562, Eagle CO, 81631).
General meetings of the Vacancy Committee will be open to the public but input will only be taken as outlined above.
The selection process will take place as follows:
- May 29th, 6:30 pm, Eagle County Building: Review application packets and develop questions for interviews.
- June 5th, 6:30 pm, Eagle County Building: Interview Candidates. If 10 or fewer candidates apply, finalists may be selected at this time.
- June 12th, 6:30 pm, Basalt Town Hall 101 Midland Ave. : If 10 or fewer apply, finalists may have been selected on June 5th and the finalist interviews may be conducted on June 12th.
- June 19th, 6:30 pm, Eagle County Building: If a final decision has not been made on June 12th, final interviews will be conducted on June 19th and a selection made.
Voting and selection of the Eagle County Commissioner for District 2 by the Vacancy Committee will take place on June 12th or on June 19th. The term for the new Commissioner begins July 1st.
Each initial interview will be 20 minutes and will consist of the following:
- 5 minute statement/presentation from candidate
- Review of answers to standard questions (these will be sent to candidates in advance; written responses will be requested for review by the committee
- Follow-up questions from Vacancy Committee members
Vacancy Committee members expect that members of the public will want to be involved in the selection and/or promotion of candidates. Public input regarding suggested qualities and skills of the Commissioner, or letters of reference about particular candidates, may be emailed directly to email@example.com or sent to the Eagle County Democratic Vacancy Committee, PO Box 4562, Eagle, Colorado 81631.
Join the Eagle County Dems and get a free dems t-shirt. Sign up by calling 970-926-1181. Leave your name, telephone number and t-shirt size.