Welcome to the home of the Eagle County Democratic Party! Please consider signing up for our email newsletter, if you aren’t receiving it already. (Sign up is below). We send it once or twice a month and it’s the best way to learn about upcoming events and meetings.
Press Release – For Immediate Release – October 2, 2017
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
COLORADO DEMOCRATIC PARTY HOUSE DISTRICT 26 CHAIR, EAGLE COUNTY firstname.lastname@example.org, 970-390-4686
COLORADO DEMOCRATIC PARTY HOUSE DISTRICT 26 VICE-CHAIR, ROUTT COUNTY email@example.com, 970-870-2896
State Representative Diane Mitsch Bush’s Formal Resignation Triggers Vacancy Committee Appointment
The Democratic Party’s House District 26 Vacancy Committee is announcing Representative Diane Mitsch Bush’s formal resignation of her seat representing State House District 26 in the Colorado House of Representatives. We would like to thank Representative Mitsch Bush for her excellent advocacy for all the citizens of House District 26. Diane has been an exemplary legislator working on behalf of Eagle and Routt Counties, and we wish her the very best in her future goals and endeavors.
The Vacancy Committee hereby announces the process it will follow to appoint a Representative to fill the vacancy of Rep. Mitsch Bush’s remaining term, in accordance with Colorado Revised Statutes and Colorado Democratic Party rules. All eligible persons are encouraged to apply. Eligibility requirements are defined by Colorado Revised Statutes. Candidates must be:
• At least 25 years of age
• A resident of Colorado for at least 1 year
• A resident of House District 26 for at least 1 year (Eagle or Routt County)
• Registered as a Democrat for at least one year
• A US citizen
Complete information including Candidate Information Forms and the Vacancy Committee Process documents for downloading, is posted at the House District 26 Vacancy Committee page, here.
As Colorado Democrats, we believe…
- In an economy where hard work is rewarded, where everyone pays his or her fair share and plays by the rules;
- In a government that’s focused on building a more secure middle class, with good paying jobs, affordable higher education and healthcare and a secure retirement;
- In a government that follows science and is working to confront the challenges of climate change;
- That everyone-not just those at the top-should have afair shot at success anda chance to get ahead;
- That we all have a responsibility to ourselves, our families and our communities; and
- That all people should have the freedom to make their own choices and live the life they want.
Be sure to visit our News page where we post current newsletters, announcements and more.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org